Can anybody recommend a really hardwearing stair covering ?

crazydaze got it bang on there, right materials for the job and you should`nt go wrong, although the tudor twist aint what it used to be.

Sponsored Links
No carpet is "what it used to be"

....unless you pay over £60m2 :LOL:

People still do not get the old saying - "you get what you pay for"

We live in a first floor flat, built around 1920. As we do lots of gardening so go upstairs in dirty shoes we have been thinking of covering the stairs and risers with varnished ply. Probably about 9mm or 12mm on the treads and 6mm on the risers. I could sand the noses and varnish it all. I think this would result in a hardwearing and easily cleaned stair covering.
I'd appreciate other people views on this solution.

Sponsored Links
We live in a first floor flat, built around 1920. As we do lots of gardening so go upstairs in dirty shoes we have been thinking of covering the stairs and risers with varnished ply. Probably about 9mm or 12mm on the treads and 6mm on the risers. I could sand the noses and varnish it all. I think this would result in a hardwearing and easily cleaned stair covering.
I'd appreciate other people views on this solution.

Sounds like it could be very slippery, especially with mud/water on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back