Can anyone advise about how to get change of use please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me with info about planning permission for change of use please. Currently my house is mixed use with a 2 room flat I live in upstairs which is classed as residential and downstairs is an office, kitchen and toilet which is classed as business offices. I own the house and want to get change of use for the downstairs back into residential - before the business use downstairs it was previously residential. My house is in a small village with one business next door (which used to be residential) and all other properties down my road are residential including 10 new builds opposite me which used to be a farm. Where do I start - I keep looking at different articles and I don't know how to apply. Do I need full planning permission? Do I need architects drawings etc or is it a case of just measuring out the square meterage of the business space we want to get change of use on? Any advice greatly appreciated thanks

Sponsored Links
If the property still has permitted development rights, you would submit a "prior approval" application.

Find out what use class the business premises are. You want it to be Use Class E.
Find out if permitted development rights exist for the business premises/area.

If both above apply, then make your prior approval application under Class MA.

If the property still has permitted development rights, you would submit a "prior approval" application.

Find out what use class the business premises are. You want it to be Use Class E.
Find out if permitted development rights exist for the business premises/area.

If both above apply, then make your prior approval application under Class MA.
Thanks Woody that's really helpful. I think it's classed as light industrial use but will have to check about that and I'll have to check about the permitted development rights too as I don't know. Thanks for your reply, that's really helpful

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back