Can I do this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help... The pressure vessel in my C&M britony boiler has developed a promlem and is no longer working, While I wait for another one to arrive can I do the following. Remove and drain the water from an unused upstairs radiator ( in an empty room ) then reconnect it to the system ,open one valve only and NOT bleed it. Will this then act as a temp expansion vessel?

Sponsored Links
Help... The pressure vessel in my C&M britony boiler has developed a promlem and is no longer working, While I wait for another one to arrive can I do the following. Remove and drain the water from an unused upstairs radiator ( in an empty room ) then reconnect it to the system ,open one valve only and NOT bleed it. Will this then act as a temp expansion vessel?

Yes you can. It is a regular temporary fix. Incedentaly, did you reinvent this yourself, or are you just checking out what someone else told you?

Yes you can. It is a regular temporary fix. Incedentaly, did you reinvent this yourself, or are you just checking out what someone else told you?

Just came into my head. I just thought " all I need is air in the system" !

It all depends on the size of the heating system and the size of the radiator. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back