Can I have advice on this concrete and brick problem please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, sorry if this is in wrong place but didnt get any replies in building forum. I'm trying to get the garden in order now we have some hot weather and whist trying to figure out what to do with the fact the storm pipe for all the guttering just empties into the garden via the hole in the wall you should be able to see in one of the pics! Great builders!! Anyway hopefully you can see from the photos what I've unearthed. The wall itself seems to have crumbling bricks which were behind a layer of cement, which also didn't take much to hack off. So is this part easily fixed or not? Also this area links to the ground above which is the photo of the drain. I think this is where the bricks have got damp from? Also the hole in front of drain is something I have uncovered and wanted to know if this is also easily fixed?
Many thanks in advance, if more info is needed please just tell me. Ta
:mad:

Sponsored Links
The pipe poking through the wall should at least be extended clear of the brickwork, and the fall so arranged so that any water can't run back towards the building.
As for the hole near the inspection chamber, that isn't a problem.....just clear out anything thats loose and patch up with some sharp sand / cement mix and trowel it level.....it will always show as a patch but it shouldn't be a major issue.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back