can i re-pressurise my glowworm 30sxi boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have recently moved into a new house and now that the temperature has dropped I am having a problem with the boiler! It is a glowworm 30sxi and is not firing up due to low system pressure - the fault light is flashing red but with no fault code, however the system pressure is flashing and showing 0.4bar. It seems to have dropped slightly as I recall it showing 0.6bar a little while ago (although this also seems low). It has worked up until yesterday, but on a couple of occasions showed this low pressure fault but reset and re-started when I turned it off and on again (just like my pc!). So, my questions are:

1) can i re-pressurise the system myself, or am i likely to cause a bigger problem?
2) if yes, where will i find the refill point? The manual says there should be no permenant connection to the mains water system, but I can't find anything around the boiler while resembles the refill systems shown in the manual (with supply pipe, control valve etc)
3) is the refill point going to be close to the boiler, or is it possible it might be located away from the boiler?

Would appreciate some help to avoid a call-out cost (British gas quoted £170 to come out! I think the problem is a simple fix!)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back