Boiler will not re pressurise (GlowWorm 24ci)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I turned off the water supply toady to fit a garden tap. When I turned on the water again the CH Boiler a GlowWorm 24ci was showing 0.3 bar and flashing red. So as I have done in the past I tried the refill valve but nothing happens. Water flows to the hot taps so the supply is reaching the boiler (confirmed by cracking open the fitting where it joins the boiler). The tap is turning (have tried without the extension pice added) but nothing seems to be going into the boiler.

Is this a common fault and what whould fitting a new part entail, please

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
The filling valve may have sheared off inside (cheap part) requiring replacement or the mains water pressure is very low requiring you to add a seperate filling loop arrangement.

If you have a cycle pump give the expansion vessel 10 to 20 pumps - it may be sufficient to raise the pressure and get the boiler going untill you can get another filling loop valve.

Thanks Gasguru

I unscrewed the fill valve and it fell out of the housing. After I found the rubber bits etc in the flood on the garage bench I put them back together and very slowly (10 mins) got the pressure up to 0.9 bar. Seems the valve was stuck!

I will get a new one.

Not come accross the pipe seal with spring clips before...very quick to undo/do up....neat

thanks again

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back