"Glowworm 24ci" boiler: how to decrease the pressu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have a "Glowworm 24ci" boiler and I opened the filling device to get the pressure to the recommended 1.0 bar. As I opened it for too long the pressure raised to 2.5 bars, but then I managed to get it back down again by bleeding water out of one of the radiators. This worked as the pressure went back down to 1.0.

My question is the following, just in case that this happens again: is there a more 'elegant' way to decrease the pressure rather than what I just did by bleeding water out of one of the radiators?

Does anyone know?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Connect a garden hose to the system drain off, sometimes its easier to just vent out a rad into a bowl, not very elegant, but does the job.

Thanks for your reply. Also I wanted to double check something else regarding the pressure, which keeps fluctuating when the heating
in on to 1.2-1.3 bars and then down to 0.9-1.0 bars when the heating
is off.

Of course it is normal for the pressure to fluctuate when the
heating/hot water are on and when they are off, but in your
experience this numbers are common or should the pressure
change less?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back