Can I replace close-coupled cistern with a separate cistern?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Don't ask me why, but I'd really like to replace a close-coupled cistern with a separate cistern, which could be set further back and say 6" to a foot higher. Is this possible?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I can't see anything that's going to fit onto that (if it's actually possible as there's nothing made to actually do the job), that will be anything but a bodge and look even remotely sensible to allow a remote/low level cistern to be used

1694248451582.png

I can't see anything that's going to fit onto that (if it's actually possible as there's nothing made to actually do the job), that will be anything but a bodge and look even remotely sensible to allow a remote/low level cistern to be used

View attachment 313499
Flush pipe, 90 elbow, maybe a 45 elbow, perhaps a botch of a seal - a diyers dream or like what might be done in another country.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back