CAN I RUN A GAS WATER HEATER FROM A COLD WATER TANK??

Sponsored Links
Dan_Robinson said:
clf-gas said:
You could be right Dan, Though I do'nt think even the kennel stretches too Morocco........ ;)

I'm sure it is in their sights though :mad:

:LOL: :LOL: ...Yet again you could well be right :LOL:

;)

Tony, How about he fits a couple of check valves ?.

clf-gas said:
Tony, How about he fits a couple of check valves ?.

Thats not the problem concerning the boiler makers.

A cistern supply cannot be expected to be dosed with chlorine and may have been stagnant for weeks at 30°C and laced with bacteria.

The boiler is not designed to kill bacteria and the DHW discharge temperature of say 40°C will not kill them.

The manufacturers are frightened of being held liable for injury so quite properly say boilers should only be used on mains supplies.

My old boss was one of those affected by the BBC legionella scare and he could not drink alcohol for 2-3 years afterwards. I must be stronger as I never got it!

Tony

Hmmmm! OK I see now Tony.

I dont want any of that there Legioella if it knocks you off the ale for 2 or 3 years :eek:

A day an Iam out looking :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
thanks Agile and friends...

i did a quick search about legionella thingy wow scary, they saidas long as you keep the water temperature below 20 and flush the whole system once a week if it's not being used frequently, should be fine....

in my case i'm gonna have someone doing this for me..

i will of course get the gas water heater from there, as i want to make sure it is compatible, any good brands that you can recommend???

thanks

I would say Main; but I fear that you will be left to the mercy of Baxi :evil:

Worcester Bosch did a good line of water heaters, but I am slightly concerned of reports/experience of their build quality.

Our pet favourite combi can be run as a water heater and we will soon (hopefully) be able to get a 22kW model that is smaller but with comparable performance to a 24kW combi; I suspect however the material cost would be pushing twice what you are looking at.

As this is in Morocco then there will probably be a limited range of Italian and French models to choose from.

I would always choose Italian over French !

Tony

As this is in Morocco then there will probably be a limited range of Italian and French models to choose from.

I would always choose Italian over French !

Tony

Choosing a local supply should ensure there is some form of warranty service in the Souk

Tony

Agile said:
Choosing a local supply should ensure there is some form of warranty service in the Souk

Tony

I will buy from approved dealers only (standards respected hopefully), i know the souk warranty does not count

If I ever had a problem with a dale mal gahawa I would always take it back to the souk and receive a refund without any questions ( apart from the usual keif saha and slonak il evorak).

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back