Can I Run New Rad Pipes Through Unheated Area?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The image below shows the corner of my bungalow and garden. The heating system is 10mm microbore, from a manifold in the loft and dropping down to the rads below.

I want to add a rad to a bedroom which doesn't have one at present. I want to drop 10mm Speedfit pipes down from the loft into a walk in wardrobe, run them down the wall to skirting level, then through the wall into the outside garden store and along approx 1 metre through the store, before a right angle, then through into the bedroom and along to the new rad.

My question is: is it acceptable to run the flow and return pipes through the garden store cupboard which is unheated and has an external door? I can insulate the pipes, and box them in. Just wanted to know if this is acceptable, and there is anything else to consider.

I realise its not ideal, but its the neatest way, as the bedroom has recently been decorated.

Sponsored Links
I`d do it too :idea: using the thickest foam insulation - with Talon pipe clips because they have spacers that fit under the clip so you can get the lagging on against the wall. - Why box them - the lagging is pretty impact resistant ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back