Can rabbits swim?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Baught a rabbit for my daughter several weeks ago with penthouse hutch etc no thanks to the misses and I was just wandering if rabbits can swim as he seems to enjoy running around the edge of my 4 ft deep koi pond.
I've tried using plastic mesh but the sod eats through it.I could instal a metalic mesh but can't really be arsed.Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Mark.

Sponsored Links
Never seen them do it. Perhaps they practice their front crawl and breaststoke at night. Our rabbits had a 'run'. A wood frame with chicken wire stapled on it. Should be able to get one from the pet shop if you don't fancy making one. They also like to dig, so a bit of the garden (behind the shed) you are not bothered about, will do.

Rabbits love to eat your best plants - beware.

Google sais yes but they dont appear to enjoy it much, just make sure there's a ramp to give the lil' fella an escape route out. A few on Youtube too.

hope he doesn't get tangled up in that mesh and drown :(

Sponsored Links
I work for a large company which had their own building put up with a large moat out the front (with a nice bridge). Our grounds are covered with bunnies, and i have seen time and time again babies floating along. (well EX-bunnies actually).

I've never seen one swimming, but i think because they cant scale the walls to get out, they just get tired and give.

The best thing to do would be put some kind of ramp at the edge, and maybe get some flippers?

mspandh said:
I was just wandering if rabbits can swim as he seems to enjoy running around the edge of my 4 ft deep koi pond.
Our big floppy rabbit passed away last year at the age of 11 yrs!

We have a splasher pool and the rabbit was a good swimmer, loved the air boat as well :LOL:

I'm not sure about the pond being a dirtier water than a pool, maybe a paddling pool instead(?)

A good footballer as well!

Of course they can swim...

They even have their own pools... ;)

playboy-suite-palms.jpg

masona said:
We have a splasher pool and the rabbit was a good swimmer, loved the air boat as well :LOL: ... A good footballer as well!

Pictures! Pictures!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back