Can these hinges be adjusted?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m fitting a new vinyl laminate floor in my hall. Can’t do much about the finished floor level but the door could do with being raised a bit. No more than 3 or 4 mm. I have three hinges like this - can they be adjusted?
2939F487-A9B3-4D5D-910A-C299D09762F3.jpeg
4C929C9D-1B28-431F-826B-8433A17B29DE.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Yes, the white dome cover is held by a screw which is visible with the door wide open.
Once off you'll see all adjustment screws.
Spend a bit of time working out what does what and move all hinges up by exactly same turns.
However, 3 or 4 mm could put the seals in the wrong position, so mind that.

Yes, the white dome cover is held by a screw which is visible with the door wide open.
Spend a bit of time working out what does what and move all hinges up by exactly same turns.
Thanks
How difficult would it be to shave a few mm off of the bottom of the door - are they just plastic/Upvc.

Sponsored Links
Couldn’t see any screws on those holes so I tried screwing in those caps with the 5mm Allen key in them - there were three of them. That had the desired effect and it raised the door just a couple of mm until it was no longer brushing the flooring. Seals were not affected. Going to need to cut a mat well into the floor if I wast a mat just inside the door - even the thinnest of mats wouldn’t pass under that door!

To lift the door on its hinges look UNDER each hinge, you will see an allen bolt similar to the top one in both your pictures, turning the bolt just pushes the hinge pin upwards thus lifting the door, turning the plug in your pictures just throws the door in/out/left/right with a repeated 360° rotation, it doesn't do up/down

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back