Can these keys be cut for UK? (Kwikset/Schlage)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There's a couple of funky Kwikset/Schlage key blanks that I like the look of. Before I invest and have some shipped from the UK, I'm guessing Kwikset/Schlage is a make of lock... how likely is it that these could be cut to work with my lock (of which I have no clue what brand it is).

Sponsored Links
I got to cut more than a few keys but there must be hundreds of key blanks. The brass splinters go into your fingers.

KW1 was popular here.

BTW, the locksmith who taught me this has died and I don't feel that good myself. . .

You need more info. The blanks along with their designations and cross-sections are on the Net.
And if you want lock picks they are available from ads in the back of Martial Arts magazines.

I think that you are referring to funkeys. It all depends on the key way of your lock being the same as the blank.
Have a look on the bow of your key, it should be embossed with some numbers (ie YA1) or a manufacturers name (ie Yale) and let us know what it says.
You could look at a blank wholesalers web site for inspiration.
http://davenport-burgess.com/
Click quality key blanks: then novelty and a list of various types will appear.
Some of these may be available from your local key cutter.
DC
Teamlocksmiths

Sponsored Links
We sold these keys for twice what the others went for. Football teams' logos were on them, slogans, etc. Maybe half the customers went for these.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back