Can you drop a bath?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

A quick couple of questions?

We are about to move into a house with a bathroom which has a low celing. When standing in the current bath my head touches the celing! There is no shower and we are going to fit a shower above the bath?

Do some baths sit lower to the ground than others?

Can you "recess" or drop a bath into the floor to give more headroom? (The floor is standard wooden floorboards)

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not sure about the celing, am going to have a look once moved in. There is a room above the bathroom though so going up into loft space isnt an option.

Sponsored Links
As part of his loft extension, my brother-in-law installed an additional bathroom. The bath was recessed into the floor to give the required headroom. Consequently, no access to wastes or taps should any problems develop in the future. He was warned.

You almost certainly can lower the bath by a few inches at least. Take a look under the bath and note what happens with the waste pipe connection. Take a pic of it and post it here.

Thanks, it sounds like it may be possible depending on the "fit". I will have a better look when we have moved in and if having problems will post a pic here.

I knocked two rooms in to one ......... Bloomin high ceilings I tells ya ;)

I can't see whay you can't have a sunken bath ....... Might look a tad odd in the room below tho' :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back