Can you fit recessed lights from the ceiling (below)?

No doubt the work has to be done safely, and i'm all for more complicated work being notified or bring a qualified sparky in, but at the end of the day all we are talking about here is some re-routing of cable and some additional lighting points put in. This is where being too anal on the whole notification, 'your doing illegal work' malarky makes people thingk too hell with it. Its this kind of red tape that is bringing this country to its knees.

Sponsored Links
Well I think it says a lot that people are debating a law that they generally agree with in terms of "well this is how we interpret things to make it not apply" :rolleyes: In other words, even though we support it, we think it's just not right for this situation.

3) IIRC the results of the recent consultation over the Building Regulations, kitchens will be losing their special status in a few months time, ...
Anyone know if there's anything definite on this yet, especially timescales ? It would suit my mate quite nicely if kitchens lost their special status within the next few months - I'd be able to sort it out for him.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back