Can you help with part number.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to find a front panel seal for my Ideal Logic Heat 30. The large main panel/cover you remove to service the boiler etc.

Front Panel is Ideal number 177724.

But I cant find a number for the seal only for this.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Don't you remember the forum rules against DIY gas related repair advice?

The panel will come with the seal attached - it's not available seperately AFAIK

Sponsored Links
Don't you remember the forum rules against DIY gas related repair advice?

A part number is not repair advice. Telling someone how to repair a specific gas related issue on their appliance is, telling someone the manufacturers code for a part is not.
Op, ring manufacturers spares line to check. I think it may be 175665 but they can confirm.

A part number is not repair advice. Telling someone how to repair a specific gas related issue on their appliance is, telling someone the manufacturers code for a part is not.
Op, ring manufacturers spares line to check. I think it may be 175665 but they can confirm.

Do you not remember this person's other thread?

Morning.

Some of you here will remember my thread a week past. Keep getting a smell of gas products when the boiler goes off.

Service engineer after a while of trying things thought he'd not fitted the sump properly. He came and took it all off and refitted it. We've had 4 days of no smell so thought it was fixed.

Last night the smell was back and this morning it's back.

Wed lost it with service company previously and told them to speak to Ideal which they hadn't done.

After they spoke Ideal told them to change the main casing seal and turret gasket if the sump refit didn't work.

I only wanted the numbers to price the parts.

But also I don't believe this is the answer there shouldn't be the leak inside the boiler in the first place surely the casing should be purged clean once it goes off.

Anyway I'm back to square one.

And for those concerned I wouldn't dream of trying to fix it myself. I might remove it and scrap the f*kin thing though!

Did you try to turn your gas off completely from the Emergency Gas stop valve, also known as ECV by some, or in simple or plain English (a non technical term) Did you try to turn your gas off to see if the smell still came after you had it turned off.

Doesnt matter how bad the case seal is or grommets missing were cables enter what bit of you shouldnt be able to smell any gas after its gone off do you not understand

FFS gas112 I understand fully. Read the middle paragraph above.

That's why I don't agree with Ideal saying change the main cabinet seal!

No I understand that, but 4 other RGE's didn't understand that, and they can't find anything wrong with it, that is the irony of it.

Mike from London no I didn't but it's something I'll try next.

The major issue I've clearly got is this is an intermittent fault. 4 days we've had no smell. And when I say smell it's bad it's like you've run it with the sump inspection hatch off for a few minutes.

As I said it might not be smell of gas after all, that is the reason I suggested turning gas off at the ECV, and then that would clear any issues with your boiler. Do not forget smells of dead creatures such as mice decaying can often resemble like a faint gas leak, and is always difficult to pin point, especially if it dies in cavity walls, or under suspended floors, or in roof space, this smell could linger into your utility room, have you also tried to keep its door open with the rest of the house to see if the smell disperses, and how long does this smell last after your boiler swivches off, and how soon after it switches off that you start smelling this, could be that heat is keeping.

A friend has gone abroad on holidays, giving me his house keys to go in and remove his post and to turn curtains and lights on during the dark ours, I went into his utility room, and it smelled like a gas leak, but it wasn't as he turns his ECV and water valve closed before he goes for a lengthy period, so it could not have been his gas, but possibly a dead mouse, the smell of which resembles that of gas, as it must have died a while ago and the smell isn't very strong so as to distinguish it as a dead mouse or completely as gas. I just opened his roof light slightly so as to vent the smell. And of course it could well be his drains as well.

If the boiler did have a faulty seal or gas leak, it would not be intermittent. and not smell anything for 4 days and again a dead mouse smell would be present all the time until it decays completely of any flesh, so could well be your drains, where the smell lingers in and accumulates in utility room, when heating shuts down, possibly drawn in by room getting cold etc, (air currents due to temperature shift) .

well Bonnybrigg My daughter lives in High Bonnybridge and I am up there most weekends and if you had not been such a bad boy ( got into trouble for calling you an idiot) then I would have popped in for free and gave you my advice which you have been constantly told , switch the boiler on, and with it running turn off the gas isolation valve below the boiler ,and the boiler will lock out and if you still smell whatever it is you are smelling, then it has absolutely nothing to do with the boiler, hardly a hard task to do, you have been advised by a few engineers on here to do this but you just persist on not doing it, WHY ????

Hello ianmcd.

Would have loved your assistance but I'm nowhere near Bonnybridge. My alias Bonnybrig is nothing to do with a place.

Anyway I've just done as you've said. Turned off stop cock directly under boiler. Got an L2 fault code. Left it 15mins no smell.

Reset boiler and away it goes again no smell.

Two facts the fault is intermittent and is absolutely a burnt products smell from inside the boiler. One time the RGE removed the boiler cover we got hit with the smell that wasn't in the boiler room at the time.

I asked RGE if gas valve could be tested. When it was off he tried to blelow through it but couldn't so he assumed it must be closing properly.

One side question should I be paying for engineers time when they visit find nothing and have to return?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back