Can you identify this iB logo on shower faceplate?

Sponsored Links
Hi - if you are still having problems the unit is IB RUBINETTERIE, it is an Italian make, though I do not believe this unit is made any more though the product is very good, spares may be available, hope this helps.

I am getting some parts from Italy, for one of my clients, if you want it replaced let me know.

Thanks
James

Sponsored Links
its a crossflow city are stockests i just orderded one for mine

Hi I have an IB logo shower and am looking for replacement cartridge. Did you manage to find one? What is crossflow? Is that name of company? Any help will be grately appreciated.

Thank you

Hi - if you are still having problems the unit is IB RUBINETTERIE, it is an Italian make, though I do not believe this unit is made any more though the product is very good, spares may be available, hope this helps.

I am getting some parts from Italy, for one of my clients, if you want it replaced let me know.

Thanks
James

Hi James

Can you please advice if you can get me a replacement parts for this shower? Any help you can offer would be great.

Thank you

I don't know if this helps but I have worked on these shower valves before, and they are a solid shower valve but the problem I have found with them is that they eventually turn hotter but refuse to go back colder and the temperature control goes stiff. You can remedy this by taking the thermostatic cartridge out and apart, cleaning all the brass surfaces, checking the o-rings condition, lubricating and putting back together. You will see which parts are stuck from the underside of the cartridge. It is quite easy to do and you will wonder how it ever worked before.

To follow up what Timb0 last posted...
Take the cartridge out of the shower body and dismantle it.
You'll a couple of box spanners about 16-20mm and use the outside diameter to get the bottom plate off the cartridge. Carefully note the orientation of certain components as you remove them as its easy to get them wrong.
I used a vice to hold the main shaft nut as I took it all apart.
My problem was a total build up of limescale which I removed firstly by soaking brass parts in killrock overnight, having first removed all rubber O Rings as these get damaged if put in limescale remover. After that I cleaned everything up with wire brushes, wire wool and I'm lucky enough to have a bench grinder with a wire wheel. Once everything was shiny, I put it back together, checking the mechanism and then coated the replaced o rings with vaseline, before putting it back into the body (could have used silicone grease but couldn't find it in the back of the van in the pouring rain so gave up!!).
Shower is now as good as new, working perfectly, without having to spend at least £120.
Happy Days!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back