Candy CMD 146 Waher/Dryer, no hot air on dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If i put the wash on a 60deg+ i can tell the water is heating up ok as the front door is quite warm/hot. On the dryer cycle there is no hot air what so ever, I've taken the top off and reset the botton on the thermo switchs - That worked for a minute but then tripped again. I've checked the filter behind the bottom/front panel and that's all clear.

It there anything else i could be missing? anyone have any other thoughts? Could it be the Thermo switch itself?

Thanks
Mark

Sponsored Links
Does the fan actually run? Have you tried cleaning the vapor condenser, fan & heater boxes? Have you checked the NTC & thermostats with a multimeter?
This model was originally equipped with 2 x 172C thermostats. But after problems with random tripping Candy recommended retrofitting 182C thermostats (Candy P/N 41024208).

Thanks for the response.
Yea the fan still goes..... It still makes the same humming blowing noice it always did, but no hot air.

I have done the other things you mentioned yet, do you know if there's such a thing as a service manual for them or a generic one for washer dryers? I wouldn't want to start to pull apart the wrong things :)

Sponsored Links
You won't get a service manual but it isn't rocket science. The heater box is the aluminum thing with the thermostats/NTC on top. You may pick something up on the net...youtube maybe?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back