Cannon Chichester 600 10676G intermittent oven igniter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The automatic ignition on the main oven has recently started to play up. When I turn on the gas I get one click, maybe two and then it stops. Turning the gas on and off I can eventually get it to light up. I have tried using a dry brush on the electrode and this improved it the first time but is back to the origional problem. I have thought about removing the electrode for a closer look but I don't want to disturb any electrode gap or any other unseen problem I that may occur by removing it.
The gas hob and top oven all work fine. I live in France and tried to speak to an engineer at Cannon but there is none. Any ideas would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Lay a sheet of paper towelling under the ignitor & give it a squirt of wd40 or similar. Leave to dry off & try again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back