Can't get my house alarm to work.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had to move a passive sensor in my lounge as i was decorating and when i took the cover off so that i could undo the screws that was fixing it to the wall the alarm went off. I can see that the tamper switch on the sensor has made it go off but my problem i have now is that it won't let me reset the main control box. It has a red led that is permantly lit on the zone that i messed with and won't let me reset or set the alarm anymore.

I assume it needs some kind of engerneers code to reset the alarm. Can anybody help me out here please. I can't see a name on the box it was one that a local firm installed. It has the keypad on the front of the main box.

thanks micky p

Sponsored Links
it sounds like you need the engineer code.

have you tried contacrting the firm who installed it?

after a tamper fault, most, not all panles will let you reset them,, providing the tamper condition is no longer there. are you sure you have put it back right.

and knowing make model of panel helps

Sponsored Links
That looks like a texecom veritas panel (Ive only used the remote keypad versions before but the keypad bit looks identical)

Have you tried just reentering your user code a second time, some panels may take a second attempt to clear tamper faults.

I have one of these, entering the code and pressing reset rings a bell after it went off a while ago. Will check the manual when I get back if this doesn't sort it.

it is a veritas compact 8 panel, if the zone light is permantly lit on the zone that u messed with, then the N/c connection on the PIR is not terminated correctly, take out the zone wires at the sensor and twist them together and see if the light stays on, then seperate them and the light should go out.

If it goes out reconnect the sensor, and make sure the red LED on the sensor lights up. if so try the panel again.

also try setting the alarm, while exit beeps are going press OMIT and the zone number then press PROG and the alarm should set.

email address removed see forum rule 7

i would say the above advice is not right, since it is the tamper that caused the problems, but yes do join both tamper wires and see what happens, which is what i said to check in the first place.

sorry to disagree, but on these panels the first EIGHT lights from left are zone lights, the next one is Tamper, last one is the UNSET light and the on on its own on right is power LED.

On the picture the tamper lit is not on, and tamper lights do NOT flash.

Follow link to User guide PDF http://www.texe.com/document.php?docid=139

FWIW, try making sure the pir lid is secure, then press reset. What happens?

right thanks for advice so far. i have tried taking cover off and re fixing and doesn't seem to correct it. As soon as i take cover off the main control panel pictured above goes off. So i put cover back on then entered my code and reset and it stops. But then i'm stuck with these led's being on and it won't let me set the alarm or reset it again.

To clear things up the 6th led from the left is flashing. and you can see the others lit up in the photo.

When i took the cover off the Passive sensor there was quite a few wires. Which ones did you want me to join together. there was 2 seperate wires ( white and green) which went to the terminal block with Tamper wrote above. and i think another 3 or 4 to another terminal block.

cheers micky p

Email Me a telephone number and i will ring and talk you through what to do as it is easier then trying to write everything down.

Thanks

Paul

++++
Moderator's note:

You can switch on email in your profile.

Mod Rupert
++++++

i take it that this problem is now sort!
i have found that these compacts do lock up npw and again, try powering down, mains and battery.
then power back up with mains first,

the problem is still there. I don't like giving my phone number out on here. Thanks for the offer.

Ill give killing the power a try. How long does it have to be off for? also how can i kill the battery? thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back