Capping Gas Fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have a gas fire that I wish to remove and terminate the gas supply. I have purchased a compression stop end in preparation.

The rest of the fireplace has now been removed. Its just the fixture to the gas supply that remains.

My intention is to board the fireplace over and have it skimmed, leaving a vent to prevent damp. So, my question is where should I place the stop?

The pipe comes from inside the fireplace through a block of concrete if that makes any difference?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Wrong fitting for a start if your going to have it buried.

This job needs an RGI to attend.

Wrong fitting for a start if your going to have it buried.

This job needs an RGI to attend.

That's why I asked about the location of the cap. Wouldn't it make more sense to find the source of the pipe and cap it outside of the fireplace? that way it would be accessible should any issues arise.

How much do think I am I looking at to have a registered person do this?

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Ok if you cap it do you know its not leaking? Dont tell me you use a fairy liquid? Just call gas safe engineer to check it properly or face possibilty of dangerous consequences

My intention is to board the fireplace over and have it skimmed, leaving a vent to prevent damp. So, my question is where should I place the stop?

In the hands of a gas Safe bod ;)

If you lived on my doorstep £20 and a cup of tea.
Find ak local guy and be pleasant. He may be pleasant back.
Jeff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back