Car accident..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there! We were involved in a car accident and the car involved drove off. The back bumper? I think it's called (I dont know my cars) has been cracked and it seems that a clip has been broken too? The other side is fine. The car is a Nisan Micra.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
The rear bumper (K11 and 12) is simply a plastic shell with a strengthener beam behind......but more important is possible damage to the boot floor so I recommend you check there.
What do you want to know?
John :)

Sure, if you are prepared to wriggle underneath with a socket set!
Don't panic though, there could be a smart repair suitable, unless the bumper is really badly biffed.
Bear in mind, if you go for a new one, it will need painting. However, try an on line breakers and state the colour you want - you may get lucky.
Give us a pic of the damage if you can?
John :)

Sponsored Links
at a rough guess the process would be something like

> remove light clusters
> jack up car and support it on axle stands
> remove wheels and remove the splash guards/plastic trim around the wheel arch
> now you can access the clips and screws holding the bumper on - remove
> you might have to remove/replace any shock absorbing foam or plastic combing/bumper reinforcement.

then reverse these steps to refit.

this is a rough guess for your car so you might want to look at a haynes manual. make sure you match the year.

you could explore fibreglass repair kits or you could even leave it 6 months and decide if it's worth the money. i find as soon as i respray a car is the time when shopping trolleys come a rollin'

why not consider installing reversing sensors while you've got the bumper off? then you can benefit slightly from some duck hitting you. theyre on eBay for around £12.

Back