Car is UNDERheating , temperature gauge reading stays very low, why ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
So if my car has been a death trap for all these months then how am I still here ?
So, how has it passed the mot ?
Before health and safety, a guy was fixing the parapet at the top of a skyscraper.
Slipped and fell down.
About half way, around the 30th storey, whilst falling faster and faster he thought...
"SO FAR, SO GOOD!"

So if my car has been a death trap for all these months then how am I still here ?
So, how has it passed the mot ?

If you were in an accident, its entirely possible you would be prosecuted for driving a vehicle that you knew had a serious defect, furthermore you would / are already invalidating your insurance. Either take your car to a reputable garage to have the faults repaired, if economically viable to do so, or scrap it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you were in an accident, its entirely possible you would be prosecuted for driving a vehicle that you knew had a serious defect, furthermore you would / are already invalidating your insurance.

Insurers regularly check social media and forums, when they are faced with a claim, to see if a claimant has 'history'. The OP has a tremendous posting history in this forum, demonstrating his lack of competence and a complete disregard for ensuring his vehicle is safe to be on the road. In addition to which, he has several times suggested that because it managed to pass an MOT at a single point in time, all is well. A vehicle operator is liable to keep a vehicle fit for safe use on the road and free from defects the entire time it is used on the public road. Continuing to drive it with an obvious need to top up brake fluid is simply crazy/ suicidal. Not a problem if the OP were the only one he is putting at risk, but he cannot himself decide when or where his brakes might ultimately fail completely. 1.5 ton of car, out of control, can make an awful mess of a large queue of people waiting at a bus stop.

If my brake fluid needed any topping up at all, then common sense suggests the system has a leak somewhere. Fluid loss is a critical warning not to be ignored and my car would be taken of the road until the source of the fluid loss was found and properly fixed.

Insurers regularly check social media and forums, when they are faced with a claim, to see if a claimant has 'history'. The OP has a tremendous posting history in this forum, demonstrating his lack of competence and a complete disregard for ensuring his vehicle is safe to be on the road. In addition to which, he has several times suggested that because it managed to pass an MOT at a single point in time, all is well. A vehicle operator is liable to keep a vehicle fit for safe use on the road and free from defects the entire time it is used on the public road. Continuing to drive it with an obvious need to top up brake fluid is simply crazy/ suicidal. Not a problem if the OP were the only one he is putting at risk, but he cannot himself decide when or where his brakes might ultimately fail completely. 1.5 ton of car, out of control, can make an awful mess of a large queue of people waiting at a bus stop.

If my brake fluid needed any topping up at all, then common sense suggests the system has a leak somewhere. Fluid loss is a critical warning not to be ignored and my car would be taken of the road until the source of the fluid loss was found and properly fixed.

I can add nothing else, than indeed. If it were my vehicle, then I would not allow it back on the road until I was satisfied that any safety defects were resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back