car port

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Building a carport bewteen two opposite high walls. I ll attach a beam to one wall but how would i mirror the same position on the opposite wall please?

Sponsored Links
What do you mean?

Do you own both walls?

You need to add a fall so one side or end needs to be lower than the other

Between my gable end i have a long drive..opposite my neighbours garage. So the port will span from my gable end to his garage wall. It will have a slight slop forwards into guttering and down pipe. I have permisson from my neighbout to mount a beam along the its lenght..i will add one on my gable end same lenght and roof supports inbetween.... i am unsure how best to line up both beams so they are directly opposite

use a long spirit level? Or clamp a smaller spirit level to a long piece of straight wood? Or measure up from the ground

Sponsored Links
or, assuming you have a hosepipe, a water level.

use a long spirit level? Or clamp a smaller spirit level to a long piece of straight wood? Or measure up from the ground

Just wanted it to be spot on best i could due to the forward slope, but i think thats the only way...just thought may have been a more technical way

Water level is easiest

I think mine was less than a tenner but cheaper online.

Get written permission for the fixing to your neighbour's wall

Research the roofing material before designing the rest. It might be easier to design the rafters and purlins based on the roofing sheet dimensions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back