car seats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is everone rushing out to get a car seat/booster before monday ? :LOL:

Does anyone know if it's £30 no matter how many kids you have in the car, or is it £30 per kid.

Sponsored Links
Guess it's £30 quid/kid. IE one fine for each transgression..

We have 3 boys and only 2 car seats will fit on back seat, so eldest has to go without. According to new rules, this is acceptable. He wears an adult belt, of course.

come on markie! this is a DIY site everyone'l be making their own out of pallets and stuff :LOL: I got loads of baler twine if you won't some. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
securespark said:

We have 3 boys and only 2 car seats will fit on back seat, so eldest has to go without. According to new rules, this is acceptable. He wears an adult belt, of course.

securespark dose that mean kids can't sit in the front seat with a booster if you have air bags. ?

As I interpret it, my eldest sits in the front with a booster when I'm not in the car. We only have 5 seats, so when I'm in the car, all 3 kids have to go in the back. Hence, the 2 littlies have a Britax seat each, and Will (7) has just a belt cos there isn't room for two Britax seats & a booster.

As far as the front goes, you can install a kid as long as it is not possible to put them in the back (we figure he is safer in the front with booster than in the back without).

Skoda recommend making sure any kids in front sit at least 300mm from the dash.

The only situation where you can't use front seat + bag is where you have rear-facing kiddie seat.

just wondering how this height law will be enforced...do you reckon they'll be issuing plod with tape measures to hang on their belt in between the spray and the handcuffs?

securespark said:

This is the reason we got a 4x4 in that with most cars you cannot fit 3 baby, child or booster seats in them. I couldn't bear the thought of an MPV.

Eddie M said:
This is the reason we got a 4x4 in that with most cars you cannot fit 3 baby, child or booster seats in them. I couldn't bear the thought of an MPV.
Rather kill other road users than appear to be what you are, i.e. a parent, eh?

Shame you don't extend concern to the safety of other road users like you do to the safety of your own kids.

thats a pointless and judgemental comment. Got out the wrong side of bed today have we?

Ban, I'm sorry, mate, but I think you're losing it lately.

What basis do you have for what you say?

securespark said:
Ban, I'm sorry, mate, but I think you're losing it lately.

What basis do you have for what you say?

I think he is missing his run ins with JOE_90 & SLOGGER :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back