Car wash not working properly

Scot Power sub-contract out anything they can and as time goes on more and more of what used to be in-house work is let out to contract, so much so that we now have the contractors using other contractors.
I forget the name of the compamy the chap I last worked on metering with, but he was a contractor to the main meter supplier....

Sponsored Links
I forget the name of the compamy the chap I last worked on metering with, but he was a contractor to the main meter supplier....

IQA by any chance? That was the contractor sent out to try and sort our problem and he said they do the meters too.

Sponsored Links
Were the car wash and petrol pump operational once you'd corrected the rotation... or had trying to go backwards caused them damage?

I work for Tokheim, we supply and install many petrol stations.

Any sites with 3 Phase Pumps, with these phases swapped would run backwards, but as long as it is not run long term no damage would happen, but of course no fuel would be dispensed.

Unless it is a Sub-Pump site, this can be VERY different. :)

Were the car wash and petrol pump operational once you'd corrected the rotation... or had trying to go backwards caused them damage?

All was fine after i had corrected it. I only went as far as the incoming and confirmed rotation there and then advised the customer to contact their maintenance people to get everything else checked.

There was quite a few DB's on site but the one for the pumps had a phase failure monitor and just locked out. The car wash was running backwards and kept hitting the limit switchs.

a favourite trick of one of our DNO engineers was to forget to take the rotation before shutdowns (different areas of our DNO have different phasings), and then connect generators.....this then caused allsorts of trouble with local factories and their machines running backwards....one "story" often told at work was that of the local cematorium getting crossed phasing and ill leave it to your imagination what is "alleged" to have happened.....Im not sure of the latter is true or just a workplace myth....but knowing the local network around there and how many times it does have a generator connected, it could well be true!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back