Carlton CS2S Dishwasher problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have an ongoing problem with my Carlton CS2S dishwasher, dishwasher is about 18 months old, firstly had a problem with the timer sticking halfway through the wash cycle & the water not heating up, heating element was ok, turned out to be a faulty protection thermostat, changed this & dishwasher worked fine for a couple of weeks. Then, switch timer on, unit will fill with water, then clicks on to wash position & then seem to be getting a buzzing sound coming from the drain pump, but not all the time, other times it starts the wash cycle & seems ok but then it wont heat up the water again, I think protection thermostat may have gone again. Now,the motor is running continuously whatever position the timer is switched on to. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
:eek: Buy a new dishwasher. Seriously !

I have one made by Taurus , a Spanish appliance company. Can't find them for sale any more in this country, nor are the internet shops listing parts for them. "Fortunately" my dishwasher seems to be physically identical to the Carlton CS2x dishwasher, and when the cut-out switch on the handle assembly broke recently I was able to order the part.

But if yours is failing in so many interesting ways, you might be better off waiting for the sales and buying a new one. Or getting something off Ebay from someone renovating their kitchen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back