Cash for Gold, burglars paradise??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is this a burglars paradise for getting rid of stolen gold objects? Instead of trying to sell them locally for a couple of quid,,, with the risk of being caught,,, they just have to pop them into an envelope, send them away to a company that values, and then buys gold items, and get the full market value for the stolen goods, posted through the door. Whatya think?

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
I think they'll only get the melted down/scrap value for the gold which is way less than the value as a piece of jewellery.

Sponsored Links
I heard the "gold by post" companies won't tell anyone what price they offer per gramme/ounce, but the prices they pay are about a third of the usual scrap value.

I see that pouf Dale thingy has jumped on the bandwagon and started advertising one of them. To give the scourulous company some street cred with the housewives. :evil: :evil:

And if they can offer you 20% more than they say its worth you can bet your bottom dollar its worth at least treble what they offer.
Wouldn't be surprised if all these companies are one and the same.

One of these companies adverts has a pirate in it...nuff said :D

I heard the "gold by post" companies won't tell anyone what price they offer per gramme/ounce, but the prices they pay are about a third of the usual scrap value.
still more than a fence will pay for a bit of hot tomfoolery

All the online companies I tried were happy to give gold prices, though when I tested one they came up with excuses why my gold was not worth what they offered, they then offered three different prices in the space of three minutes [didn't realise gold prices changed that quickly] so I got them to send it back and took it down the high st where most dealers where offering even less than the online dealers [pawn shops were the worst] but I managed to find one who actually paid what the advertised.

I hang onto all my scrap gold. Once I've got enough I'm going to glue it all together into big necklaces and walk around looking like Mr T.

Sponsored Links
Back