Cast iron soil pipe to cracked clay sewer pipe issue - repair or replace?

Looks good :).

Regarding that other pipe, it looks like steel to me, probably an old gas pipe.

For a water pipe I'd prefer lead to steel, the inside of the steel pipes is :sick:

Sponsored Links
Haha! Thanks Ian. I'm actually pretty sure its a water pipe because that is exactly where my stockcock is on the inside of the house where the water comes in. My gas pipe is further to down the side of the house closer to the road.
Have seen pics of the inside of those pipes but after 2 years of living here my wife and I are doing OK so just gonna forget about it I think :)

the water pipe will be galv steel and sods law says youl get problems with it as soon as you cover it up. best practice is to replace with say 25mm/28mm MDPE laid at 750mm min. depth..

whats the finished ground level goin to be.youve gone v. low when you turned the corner?

Sponsored Links
I would agree that its worth changing the main whilst you have the opportunity. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back