Cast Iron Soil Pipe

WGP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I intend to fit a new toilet downstairs. The existing iron soil pipe from upstairs runs outside immediately adjacent to where the new toilet will be. Can anyone advise me of the best way to connect into this stack (having first made a hole in the wall of course!!)? ;)

Sponsored Links
Two "Timesaver" couplings to go from CI to plastic for a tee, or replace the whole stack in plastic, which is not that hard to do. If the tee is near the ground you'll have to deal with getting the CI up out of the adaptor into the clay pipe.

I didn't think that would be likely save for Listed buildings, conservation zones and the like. Has the edict spread wider?

Sponsored Links
More common than you probably realise Chris.

Vertually all of Kens Kingdom will only allow CI externally.

Most Do-it-yourselfers just smack it down and stick plastic up, and when the Building man finds out they have to replace the cast iron which is expensive.

Internal is fine and can be what you like provided it meets the regs and is fire stopped between floors if BO requires it. E.g multiple occupancys

doitall said:
More common than you probably realise Chris.

Vertually all of Kens Kingdom will only allow CI externally.

Most Do-it-yourselfers just smack it down and stick plastic up, and when the Building man finds out they have to replace the cast iron which is expensive.

Internal is fine and can be what you like provided it meets the regs and is fire stopped between floors if BO requires it. E.g multiple occupancys

Beurocracy gone mad !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back