Cautionary tail : Internal overflows & close coupled wc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Rented property, apparently shower leaking. water dripping into kitchen located under the bathroom.

Inspect over-bath shower, nothing other than a tiny dribble after I ran it and showered walls & bath rim for 3 mins.

Bathroom Floor boards soaked and mouldy, kitchen cieling sagging.

Drip from both fixing bolts of close- coupled WC, the type were the nuts run through the bottom of the cistern. Found the equilibrium float valve diaphragm split hence cistern overflowing. Internal overflow; rubber dougnut knackered, but presumably not enough to be noticed when toilet flushed.

Glad I didn't fit this lot. I've fitted similar, glad I'm insured now.

I'd say the installation was a fair job, It's the kit that is to blame for this mess. External overflow - wouldn't of happened.

Sponsored Links
Internal overflows should carry a wealth warning, especially if its on a water meter.

If left unchecked a few thousand gallons can go down the pan in a very short time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back