CB24X help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My boiler been playing up for a few weeks, heating is fine, to get hot water had to have heating on, but now last night stopped altogether. Heating still ok.

Panicked and got local gas / plumbing engineer out.

He had a quick look, recconed it was the diverter valve and microswitch apparently. (slight water leak on divertoer valve)

Quoted me £300 parts and labour. + £50 call out.

While he was here he had a fiddle and poke around inside the boiler, all seems to be working now. Obviously dont know how long for. He is due out tomorrow to fix it!!!!!

Would a faulty diverter valve and microswitch cause intermitent fault with hot water?

Any feedback wouold be appreciated.....I hate it when I feel I am abot to be ripped off.

Thanks

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
It could well be intermittent or the switch wrongly positioned.

Still seems an expensive repair although they are horrid boilers to work on.

My charge would probably have been in the region of £228.

Tony

Most and including Tony do not charge a call out. Why are you so mithered by this? I'd strongly suspect it's just the flow switch, but my call out fee is included and I'd be £150.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I am mithered by it because irt looks like I am going to be paying over the odds because I need a quick fix. I am tempted to pay him his £50 tell him to do one. Surely theres more reasonable people out there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back