CCTV and ID cards

Not trying to absolve Labour at all, but the Tories did start the trend and said they would escalate even further if they stayed in power.

Labour just honoured their initiative on CCTV

Sponsored Links
Plus, that's 3% of crimes that wouldn't have been solved without cameras.
Have you heard of the word 'proportionality'? All that money spent when 97% isn't solved?

You know what i meant, people employed and trained and bestowed with the appropriate authority (and you being the cynic at this point will complain about corruption... and i agree with you on that)
And yet you are still happy with minimum wage monkeys spying on you? You're the sheep like creature, not me... ;)

All that money spent? well if you read what i put, you'd see that i believe that if we sorted out the CJS etc then the cameras would continue to be as effective, and the system would then ensure many more convictions.

I don't like the alternative, where sneaky, paranoid, authority-shy people like you can go about your dodgy business un-tracked !!

(yeah i can see why you like throwing so many insults... it's fun :evil: )

I don't like the alternative, where sneaky, paranoid, authority-shy people like you can go about your dodgy business un-tracked !!

Its not a case of that. Those of us born in the 50's remember what it was like then - you were far freer than today, with much more liberty and freedom to control your life. It all started going to the dogs when they made crash hats compulsory, then invented speed cameras.

Ever since then the state has encroached on our freedom and sought to document, control, record and monitor us every second of the day, and the last 14 years its gone off up an exponential curve. Had we not ejected labour, we pretty much woudl have had a full blown fascist totalitarian state within 5 years, Nazi Germany 1938 by another name.

Sponsored Links
To comment on your point... surely you had less cash then... and isn't cash the biggest 'freedom' ticket available? And i agree on the hard hat/ speed cam thing.
But can i ask you a serious question.. and i don't want a row, i really do want to understand this idea of being monitored.
I'm in my mid 40's lived in England all my life. Seen Thatcher in charge.. etc etc. I really don't feel that i'm being controlled or monitored every minute of the day (that's a huge allegation btw).

Do you really feel that there is an MI5/6 file with your name on it, and all the details of what you've ever done?
I accept that the govnmt and security services don't instill me with 100% confidence... but that's a risk in life, a bit like the risk of dying in a car crash.
What is it that makes you feel controlled?

Lincs... that line you quoted was solely aimed at ellal who has got a foul mouth and has taken a dislike to me.
lol...now who has used that phrase before...

Who is the paranoid one dickhead? ;)

Because your more likely to be interfered with by authority going about your daily business - there was no interfering Health and Safety, none of the human right rubbish, and Local Authorities knew there function, which was to keep the streets working and take the rubbish away, and that was that.

I was never even stopped by a police car until about 1985, ive been stopped numerous times since then by coppers looking to do me for something trivial just to meet the targets Theres vastly more rules preventing you from doing as you like today. And yes, i do think there probably a police file with my name on it (in this case on the PNC) listing all the petty encounters ive had with police officers.

Lincs... that line you quoted was solely aimed at ellal who has got a foul mouth and has taken a dislike to me.
lol...now who has used that phrase before...
I'm getting bored of saying this to you... but what are you on about? :eek:
Who is the paranoid one d******d? ;)
A couple of years ago, i'd have got angry with your type.. but these days i pity you....just out to bait people and abuse them. You should get life.

A couple of years ago, i'd have got angry with your type.. but these days i pity you....just out to bait people and abuse them. You should get life.
So what 'type' is that exactly?

You seem so ready to label people without having any clue whatsoever as to what you are talking about..

So any 'abuse' directed in your direction is quite appropriate... ;)

Quote "various abusive posts have been removed during teh day that you may not be aware of."

so there's been more of this detritous?!!!! :eek:
Why the hell do you allow that scumbag to continue? :eek:

with respect, if you actually removed every post where this idiot called me a d1ckhead, he would be up to about 400% by now.

quoted post removed by mods

great rhetoric... seriously i'm not angry with you... you're like the wasp in my beer, or the burst tyre on my car... sh1t happens. I'm actually a bit p1ssed off with the mods...rule number one, and i get loads of cr@p for reporting an abusive post a few weeks ago.. and i get constant harrassment from Ellal... yet it's allowed to go on.

Friendly site? yeah whatever!

i'm not bothered about being called a grass or a d1ckhead on the internet. It's a bit like the wild west, anything goes. And i'm emotionally strong anough to deal with any of this rubbish.

But i, like many on here do actually enjoy debating politics, and exploring life's intricases and subtleties. And it really is annoying that these idiots are allowed to proliferate and abuse people and destroy the whole essence of the site.

I appreciate being a mod is difficult, and the bully boys have certainly stopped a few people from clicking on alert mods... but you need to deal with these people effectively.

i'm not bothered about being called a grass or a d1ckhead on the internet. It's a bit like the wild west, anything goes. And i'm emotionally strong anough to deal with any of this rubbish.

But i, like many on here do actually enjoy debating politics, and exploring life's intricases and subtleties. And it really is annoying that these idiots are allowed to proliferate and abuse people and destroy the whole essence of the site.

I appreciate being a mod is difficult, and the bully boys have certainly stopped a few people from clicking on alert mods... but you need to deal with these people effectively.

look, ignore him.

we were talking about todays control society.

if you wish to take the matter further then feel free to contact admin direct, however any posts that we are aware of and are felt to have crossed the site rules are removed.

idiot... :LOL:

that shows the level of your respect... calling the mods idiots!

Sponsored Links
Back