CCTV Cabling Through Eaves?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to mount CCTV cameras just under the level of the eaves, and ideally pass the cables up into the roof cavity up through the PVC soffit as indicated in the photo below.

Will I be able to just drill a (e.g. 25mm dia hole) into the base of the soffit and then feed a cable up into the loft space on the end of a length of dowel pushed up at the angle matching the pitch of the roof, or will I likely encounter obstacles in my path?

I'm not familiar with the construction of the roof at this location. This house was built around 6 months ago, so it confirms to the latest regs for insulation etc. (i.e. pretty extensive).

Many thanks in advance.

roof01.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links
You should have no problems if you go in the attic you should be able to see day light through the vented sofit.

Great, thanks for the reply.

There's a huge amount of insulation up there, but I'll wade across it and see what I can see.

Sponsored Links
Whilst you are up there make sure there isn't too much insulation in the eaves, pull it back a bit so all those vent holes are free.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back