CCTV/DVR Advise Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to buy some CCTV kit off a friend as I am considering having an install following a couple of recent opportunistic thefts.
The kit (for ~£350) includes:
2 x ENEO 1/3" 600 TVL fixed dome camera (VKCD1335s/MH)
1 x Quantum Vista 16 DVR with 4TB internal hdd
all the cabling etc

He tells me the DVR needs master password factory reset which he was previously quoted as costing ~£150
DVR seems well specced (well above my needs for a home setup) and ideally I would like one which has apps available for Windows as well as Android
I was thinking I could perhaps salvage one or more of the HDD (as I presume 2Tb would be more than enough? ) and maybe sell-on the current DVR and use that to fund a new one?

If so could you recommend a decent brand to look out for on eBay etc I should look for
(OR is there any cheaper way of getting it reset for use?)

In terms of cameras I would like one at the fromt mounted near the main door with a good field of view both the keep an eye on the driveway but also so the wife can use it as a video-boorbell (ie if upstairs etc can check on her phone who is at the door) - I am guessing the ENEO is good enough for that purpose? Otherwise I don't mind adding another one which is more discreet but doesn't need much range for the door and use the ENEO as the "front surveillance" one...
I probably need 1 more camera for the side passage in the house using the other Eneo for the back.

Any recommendation for reasonable cheaper cameras to fit this purpose also appreciated.

As I said I would appreciate any and all advice

Sponsored Links
Nowt wrong with Vista or Eneo BUT you are taking a major risk and not really getting a bargin for essentially what is old technology.....

Brand wise your good BUT for a little more you can have brand new samsung 2014 products.......

No brainer :)

Sponsored Links
Can't comment on cameras,but the samsung ipolis remote viewing is fine, have a couple of jobs with samsung dvrs and had no problems...price seems ok

Does this set up have a PIR so only records when motion detected

manual page 50 :
You can set target detection region and motion, as well as the alarm signal output.
When the motion detection region is set, it detects motion within the area.

Looking at the back of the machine I would say no,as there are no alarm inputs it would be on screen motion detect.

Hi Guys
Also in the hunt for a CCTV kit, stumbled upon this
Securix SMC4 500GB 4 Channel DVR System with Built-in LCD Screen
Unsure how this stack up against the Samsung?
I like the idea of the dedicated LCD screen where you can monitor the all cameras output without having to go to your smartphone
Appreciate your views
cheers

Non standard camera connectors , supplied cameras only 420tvl low res....discontinued on some sites .....

Hi Guys
Also in the hunt for a CCTV kit, stumbled upon this
Securix SMC4 500GB 4 Channel DVR System with Built-in LCD Screen
Unsure how this stack up against the Samsung?
I like the idea of the dedicated LCD screen where you can monitor the all cameras output without having to go to your smartphone
Appreciate your views
cheers

Leave the securix alone...its maplin junk!

Go samsung 440 or 840 as these are the pro models not specials built for Maplin.......

These also have coax OR VGA outputs

2tb min?
Holy smokes I was planning on 2tb - assuming it would be plenty enough!

As a general point should system be set to permanent record and looping or trigger record with movement /alarm only?

I think I will need around 6 cameras.

2tb min?
Holy smokes I was planning on 2tb - assuming it would be plenty enough!

As a general point should system be set to permanent record and looping or trigger record with movement /alarm only?

I think I will need around 6 cameras.

Hi wigwam,

Have you got a quote for your kit? If yes would it be possible to share it, after reading the post here am considering this kit.
cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back