CCTV manufacturers with user manuals ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am trying to choose a CCTV system (DVR & Cameras) but I have found some manufacturers don't seem to publish user manuals so it's impossible to work out what it does. Can people please sugest manufacturers who do provide manuals (preferably downloadable) ?
So far I have
1/ Hikvision...........no manuals (that I can find)
2/ Reolink..............no manuals but masses of disorganized video's
3/ Swann...............at last manuals, pdf & downloadable, very good
4/ Sannce..............manuals online

Anyone else please ?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Plenty of Hikvision camera and Dvr details online.
You first need to work out what camera's you require for your requirements.
It's not one camera fits all.
I would not fit or install swann.

Hikvision website has all user manuals pdf and firmwares if required

Sponsored Links
Hikvision website has all user manuals pdf and firmwares if required
Well unfortunately if I search for the DVR-104G for example there is none, perhaps they are selective, no good to me.

There are different models of this, didn’t look up to much but not a fan of hilook.

there is a few manuals online especially -k1 if you search for DVR-104G manual there are various places to download from

Well I reckon any manufacturer who's support is so bad they can't be bothered to publish there manuals online is a manufacturer who's products I cannot be bothered to buy irrespective of any recommendations. I shouldn't have to be going to 3rd party websites, that's ridiculous budget product or not :)

Some of those products are aimed at professional installers who should know how to install that product ….

The end user would receive an instructed handover from the installer on the use of the system and application chosen it’s not a one app fits all so manufacturers can’t provide you with that

Not all manufacturers provide user manuals.
Company's send engineers on training courses, so they can offer the end user the correct setup procedure with regards to the equipment that has been installed.

Equipment comes with manuals, think you’re venting to the wrong people.

Don’t do hikvisions budget brands, but manuals are usually with the equipment purchased. Hikvision products I use are usually downloadable from the Hikvision portal.

However this won’t help you specify the current equipment for your budget correctly.

The end user would receive an instructed handover from the installer on the use of the system and application chosen it’s not a one app fits all so manufacturers can’t provide you with that

Not all manufacturers provide user manuals.
Company's send engineers on training courses, so they can offer the end user the correct setup procedure with regards to the equipment that has been installed.

Equipment comes with manuals, think you’re venting to the wrong people.

Don’t do hikvisions budget brands, but manuals are usually with the equipment purchased. Hikvision products I use are usually downloadable from the Hikvision portal.

However this won’t help you specify the current equipment for your budget correctly.
I am afraid you all seem to have the wrong end of the stick! I have no interest whatsoever in a professional installer.
It's quite simple, if the manufacturer cannot provide a user manual for there product I cannot determine if it is suitable, I am not so stupid I can read a manual and I have reasonable knowledge of how CCTV systems work.

My original comments stands, ANY manufacturer who's support is so abysmal they don't publish user manuals don't get my custom period.

Found by searching on the Hikvision website and included on the same page is links for firmware

Your not even trying to find the manual from the manufacturer it is available, which covers several different models which is not unusual in the security industry.

The manual will not determine its suitability.
Looking at its specification will help.

Appears to be limited to 1080P in all analogue formats it supports, this tells me its application is very limited.

Manuals do not cover specific applications.
Supports first call is via the distributor usually and they refer you if they cant help.

Don't know what your application is so cant say if its suitable but suspect you will want it to perform better than its specification suggests it will.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back