CCTV manufacturers with user manuals ?

Sponsored Links
I've installed several Hikvision systems, never had any problems downloading manuals, firmware updates, user software.

Why are you looking to install 1080P? It's already obsolete.
Ahh that's helpful, well I found them selling on Ebay as new (but of course they don't tell you it's obsolete). Interesting though, will they withdraw the manuals from there site for what there selling now in a year or two, I wonder. Surely I wouldn't be the first person to loose a manual and need another copy, seems a bit short sighted to me but maybe there product turnover is so huge they can't afford the server space to keep them all ;)

Sponsored Links
I am afraid you all seem to have the wrong end of the stick! I have no interest whatsoever in a professional installer.
Hikvision won't sell to you anyway, then. With the exception of the low-end stuff, it's all now trade only. Wasn't a popular decision by them (and, to be fair, plenty of non-professional installers can still get their hands on the kit if they really want), but as far as I know it still stands.

I suspect they probably got cheesed off answering endless queries from people who don't know one end of an RJ45 connector from the other and decided that going trade only would help reduce their support overhead. It seemed an odd decision, but my experience of their products is that they do require a modicum of technical ability to install and configure correctly and there's a lot of subtlety in the setup which someone who doesn't do it day to day might struggle with and result in a sub-standard install, and cause them to bad mouth the product as being sub-standard too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back