CCTV, poor night vision

You haven't paid any attention whatsoever have you?
All the information, facts and reasons have been given to you but for some reason, you choose to ignore.

Now your 'the big i am' and able to judge all on your own - despite the fact you seem to struggle to read clearly what the web page says.

Enjoy.

I was going to comment earlier, the above sums my feelings exactly.

Sponsored Links
You haven't paid any attention whatsoever have you?
All the information, facts and reasons have been given to you but for some reason, you choose to ignore.

Now your 'the big i am' and able to judge all on your own - despite the fact you seem to struggle to read clearly what the web page says.

Enjoy.

What the hell are you both going on about? I have not ignored anything but if I get a crap service from someone, i'm not likely to shop there. Like I said before, keeping my options open.

If you both are so clever, then please tell me where i am going wrong then. The link I posted today for that other one does not say anything that I am not aware of. It's a security website that sells CCTV cameras among many.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Oh btw, they sell the same one you both suggested here.
http://www.onlinesecurityproducts.c...ht-fld-700tvl-36mm-20m-ir-sony-effio-dsp.html

Where your going wrong.
Poor positioning, poor lighting.
Not enough to spend on something decent.
Our recommendations were on cost.

What else are we to do?

Come and adjust the focus and BLC for you too?
Try "playing" with the settings over a few nights, moving the camera a bit (Although you say this is impossible or was it not what you would like). You might be surprised at the results.

Or just carry on complaining.

Tell you what Honeywell have dome nice cameras RRP £285.00 they have a IR burn in at 7 mtrs too. So, dont fit them at 7 mtrs, sorted. ( The latter ones have been actually), but by thinking and moving them problem sorted as they had to match existing.

See the gist there?

Sponsored Links
Don't waste your effort. He still isn't reading what was said.

Like i said, really does help to check out who you're buying from.

Where your going wrong.
Poor positioning, poor lighting.
Not enough to spend on something decent.
Our recommendations were on cost.

What else are we to do?

Come and adjust the focus and BLC for you too?
Try "playing" with the settings over a few nights, moving the camera a bit (Although you say this is impossible or was it not what you would like). You might be surprised at the results.

Or just carry on complaining.

Tell you what Honeywell have dome nice cameras RRP £285.00 they have a IR burn in at 7 mtrs too. So, dont fit them at 7 mtrs, sorted. ( The latter ones have been actually), but by thinking and moving them problem sorted as they had to match existing.

See the gist there?

Yes I hear what you say and took that onboard. I though you was on about that website I posted yesterday. I am going to try and get hold of a camera first when I get some more money. I am in the mean time going to move the camera out a bit, so I can see the faces better and see what happens.

No need for that. You can't adjust the focus anyway as the camera is not varifocal. Maybe getting a varifocal would help see people closer.

I am not going to go into things on here but I did have trouble with the cable because, I have a cavity walls. One problem I found is, the cables from these cameras are very short. Not much use if the menu joystick will be stuck inside the wall. :rolleyes: Bad designs don't help. Many other thing you don't know about.

Don't waste your effort. He still isn't reading what was said.

Like i said, really does help to check out who you're buying from.

I am reading what you said. No need to be like that. :rolleyes:

I am not going to go into things on here but I did have trouble with the cable because, I have a cavity walls. One problem I found is, the cables from these cameras are very short. Not much use if the menu joystick will be stuck inside the wall. :rolleyes: Bad designs don't help. Many other thing you don't know about.

And you want people to take you seriously??

Priceless

Bad designs don't help. Many other thing you don't know about.

Go on then enlighten us.

Tell me why the "Joystick" was inside a cavity for a start.
Bad design or bad fitting? I know what I would place my money on.

And you want people to take you seriously??

Priceless

Nothing priceless about it. It's the truth.

Bad designs don't help. Many other thing you don't know about.

Go on then enlighten us.

Tell me why the "Joystick" was inside a cavity for a start.
Bad design or bad fitting? I know what I would place my money on.

No, not bad fitting. Use your common sense. Most cabels that are connect to the camera are only about 12 inches long. My wall is about a 1 foot thick, because of cavaty wall.

So if the cable is about a foot long and the wall is about the same, then you have less cable to mess with, a pain to get it through the wall and the joystick is normally in the middle. So it will be stuck in the wall. :rolleyes:

Why can't CCTV manufacturers make it about a meter long or have a split cable connecter to make it easier. A bit like my old not so good door cam.

Saying that maybe your two grand versions, do have longer cables.

PL0092-1-dome-camera.jpg

Adjusted some of the other functions yet?
Or do you not think it is worth doing?

Think I have had enough now 4 pages of nothing but complaining , not going with some easy tech advise.

Adjusted some of the other functions yet?
Or do you not think it is worth doing?

Think I have had enough now 4 pages of nothing but complaining , not going with some easy tech advise.

What functions? The 21 quid dome don't have any but the new one will.

Well you were the one that wanted to know and I told you. So no good moaning about it.

Can't do any more untill I get a better camera. If you install CCTV, then my findings should be of some interest to you. Buit then, I bet you don't install on a domestic property, other than millionaires.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back