CCTV wireless

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to send CCTV video from two cameras and audio across about 30m (across a road).

I'm using good quality cameras (which I've already got) so just need the radio gear for the two cameras.

Any suggestions as to what I need & where to go for it?

Don't want to break the bank, but obviously wouldn't want the neighbours tuning in!

Sponsored Links
wireless cctv is crap, ive tried a few. better doing it through a broadband connection

It's amazing what turns up if you type "wireless cctv" into Google

Sponsored Links
Thank you mpg.
The thought had crossed my mind. :confused:

I've done the google bit, but it seems you can be paying megga-bucks, which is fair enough if it's unavoidable, but I'd like someone to point me in a direction of some affordable kit that would do the job.

Some will offer 3 mile range, but it's only across the road.

And I feel online connection in both buildings is a bit excessive.

There's got to be a simple solution.

...anyone?

Thank you mpg.
The thought had crossed my mind. :confused:

I've done the google bit, but it seems you can be paying megga-bucks, which is fair enough if it's unavoidable, but I'd like someone to point me in a direction of some affordable kit that would do the job.

Some will offer 3 mile range, but it's only across the road.

And I feel online connection in both buildings is a bit excessive.

There's got to be a simple solution.

...anyone?

Most of the decent stuff is usually only available through trade. With that in mind, decent usually costs.

Is it not possible to run a duct under the road or run an overhead line via two poles?

Used to work in a college where the site was spread across both sides of a road, the comms were run overhead but the poles were in need of replacing. Decided to have a duct run under the road and pulled all the comms through that, didn't really work out too expensive either.

Great idea, although I'm not sure if the Highways Agency would be keen on me digging up the road surface :LOL:

Maplin electronics do some good gear at decent prices. (I say some but not all so be careful.)

You can get wirless transmitters and recivers or if you have power (which you need at both ends anyway, then an A/V sender may do the trick. These are quite directional and you can set the code.

As to "overhead" you are out of your league and will encourage the wrath of Councils etc.

Even though above I think it still comes under the Public Highways Act.

What exactly are you trying to do?

John.

Lol sorry should have been more clear, we didn't just dig the road up, we had permission from the council to run the duct under the road.

What's at each side of the road?

What are the cameras going to be connected to?

Just thinking that you can have then connected to a PC CCTV card & access the PC using a wireless router/access point on each?

Or even a DVR that has a ethernet port then plugged into an access point, you can then access it via your PC/wireless router.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back