cd for picasso

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have bought the wife a citroen picasso, thing is car has got radio/tape stereo installed,as we like our cd music i looked today at the cd players in halfords. would anyone recommend these and to be fitted by them as you wait, or go to citroen garage? thanks for any info.

Sponsored Links
Often known on here as "Halfrauds",but to be fair,I know several people who have been well satisfied with the wide choice of unit and service received.
Often,the removal of a OEM fitted radio/cassette etc. leaves a huge hole in the dash,and Halfords usually have a fascia plate suitable to make a neat job of fitting your chosen CD player.
Personally,I would price up for an upgrade at the Citroen dealer,then compare with Halfords. Greater choice at Halfords probably. :rolleyes:

There is a chance that the fitted head unit will drive a separate CD player e.g. in the boot of the same brand.

I formerly used one of these (a Sony) and all the Sony dash units would run it, but I later went over to Minidisk and found no need to use a CD player any more.

If I was buying today, I would look for an IPOD-like player. Never had one myself but tried some that Young People use these days and they hold a vast number of CD recordings at good digital quality.

or what about one of them cassetes that isnt a cassete put yopu put it in your cassete player and plug in a cd player to enable your current one to play what ever is connected to it, i.e ipod

other thing i am wondering about is is the current cassete player's dispaly part of the car?

in that in my astra, the radio / cassette has no display, its above it, and it shows the temp outside, time etc, if i changed the radio the display will not work as it did since its not connected to the new radio.(unless you get a cd player designed for your car)

why not try ebay for one?

Sponsored Links
even the chimps at halfrauds cant get it wrong now,they either plug straight in or use a harness adaptor so there isnt any butchering of the wiring

Might be worth bearing in mind having a chat woth someone who has done this in a Picasso. Some Citroens rely on the OEM stereo to operate things like the reverse sensors and display functions, so removing may disable such functions. Perhaps having a chat with a "stealer" before purchase just to make double sure.

I know the OEM Picasso stereo wobbles when trying to play some CDs with copy protection e.g. BMG recordings and some MP3's

Back