Car Radio Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, first heres the problem...

Got a new car and brought a cd player for it as it had a tape player as standard.
The car is a Citroen C2...53 plate.

Now, when I make any changes to the radio with the radio stations, it keeps them when it get turned off and turned back on.But any changes made to the EQ, Scroller, Time etc are lost when it gets turned off and left for a minute or so...
BUT the radio stations are kept as far as im aware.

Now i have read previous posts about swopping the red and yellow wires, and also Halfords said to get Citroen (as citroen fited it) to swop those round...

Is this still the case even if the stations are kept and the system settings arent?

Sponsored Links
all car stereos are different. You do no harm by feeding the permenant positive from the battery into both the red and yellow on your stereo - you just need to remember to turn it off when you get out.

It could be possible that the equaliser settings are erased but radio presets saved, like i said all stereos are different, i expect its a different memory chip.

You can easily do this yourself. There may be little plug connectors on the red and yellow wires, and a doubler somewhere. I expect they have wired it so both inputs to the radio come from the ignition. Swap it around so the red is permenantly live. The yellow should be on the ignition feed, OR it can be on the permenant, as i said above.

Had the same problem fitting a cd radio from "Aldi" in my 03 Berlingo I had to do what Crafty said. Now works great even though it only cost £50. I was lucky that it had separate fuses on both 12v feeds.

Look up the make/model of your radio via google and see if there's a forum or user manual. I did this for an Alpine radio and found what I needed.

Sponsored Links
righteo, from what ive looked into it does seem to be the red and yellow wires, will look at swopping them over..

thanks guys!

Ok...

heres more to my story...

would having a non standard Citroen CD Player fitted BY CITROEN effect my central locking?

further to my story:

once i had got confirmation from you guys and Halfords about the wiring, and also having a problem with my cental locking....being this:

after leaving the car for a period longer than 10 minutes no central locking buttons would work, i have to use the key to manuall unlock and open the dorr before the buttons will work again....i took it to citroen for them to investigate this along with my cd player re-wire...

they come back to me saying as its not a citroen cd player it effects the central locking...this i cannot believe!

i am getting halfords to re-wire my JVC player tomorrow...any helps appricated guys! :)

When I fitted my new radio, every thing still worked except the display for the standard radio (no connection on new radio). You have to be careful with some main dealers they talk a load of b-----ks, especially my local Dixons, they are c---p. Most of the time they are only guessing and have to call Citroen technical to find out anything more than changing a wheel.
regards johnwr

Back