Car Radio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The car radio is playing up, when on CD mode, it will not play, just dispalys the "read" message.
The car battery went flat, but the Radio/CD player is not coded.
Any Ideas?
The radio does work.

Sponsored Links
What make is it? Is it a separate CD multichanger or an all in one unit?
It could be something simple like a bit of dirt on the lens, if so I'd be tempted to clean the CD lens with some IPA (Isopropyl alcohol) and a cotton bud.

It's an all in one,(radio/CD/MP3/stick)
The make is JVC not sure of the model, it's the missus's.
Said it went dickie, after I had left the side lights on and flattened battery, which led to her missing hairdressing appointment, which means I'm very popular at the moment! :(

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that Micky, I'll have a look at it either tonight or over weekend.
Looks like I'll have to give the MI/user guide a once over!

I bought a lens cleaner, needed a special one that works in car CD players, by all account not all do. :confused:
It's a little :oops: to not have thought of that in the first place, as it has done the trick.
I'm quite a logical minded person, but there is something about cars and car related problems.
If it had been the player in the house, straight away CD or lens needs cleaning, put me in a car and i'm a blithering idiot!
So cheers for that Spark123 and Micky handy link, my need use of that one day.

Nice one! I've had limited success with those lens cleaners, preferring to strip it down, and clean the lens manually, as the disks with the little 'eyelash' thing attached can cause more damage than they cure. In a Sony Ps2 for example, if you use one of those disks, it rips a bit of metal from the lens unit, and makes the unit not read 1st DVD type disks, then any disk at all..

But good luck, hope it holds out for you, make sure you check the Cd's in car, as one might have a bit of chocolate/jam etc on the underside, and when you faff about in the car, not looking at the disk, accidents happen, and you might load a dirty disk back into the player.

Back