New radio for old

Watching this with interest. I've just bought a new radio for my old car, because the one in it packed up. I went for a fairly "80s-looking" retro Blaupunkt, but notice it also has DAB as well as FM radio. I'll just run it with the FM for now, but at some point, I guess I'll have to find a suitable DAB antenna that doesn't spoil the period look of the car too much.
Hi A,
Interesting!
I once worked in a petrol station shop (On an American base)
There was a rack with differnt radios for the customers to test (and me to play) The Baupunkt, sticks in my mind as being the best!
I'm doubt your retro one will sound as good (or mine), let me know how it sounds.
C.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I received a return label for the none DAB radio, and a refund. (Aliexpress)

I ordered a FM/DAB one, and it fits. I checked the wires and comparing them with the old plugs, and apart from the red and yellow wires being opposite, it was the same. The old plug speaker connections also looked ok, so using a £2 Halford FM antenna adaptor, turned it on and FM works, and remembers the channels after switch off.

Regarding the DAB antenna https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/new-radio-for-old.622799/post-5642711 said it was different, and looking at the one that came with it, I searched and found it is different in it is 'active'. I already use active antennas with GPS modules. For anyone that doesn't know, active means it is fed with power and has an amplifier circuit built in. I checked and there is 5V at the SMA socket on the radio.
The instructions say to stick it on the windscreen on the left, which is their 'offside' but kind of, in Britain, is a bit in the way.
I have a question: If I put it on the 'nearside' left of the windscreen, it can be mounted but upside down. I don't think this will matter. any other ideas, please?
C

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Fitted the aerial upside down on the nearside of the windscreen, and it works ok, so 2x aerials DAB/FM.
I don't know why a remote came with it, but the mode doesn't work, and there are coloured leds, on the face of the radio, that change colour all of the time, a bit of a nuisance.
There are 3 or 4 inputs and bluetooth, which I've yet to try.
C.

Back