CDA electric oven fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Would be grateful for some advice. We have a CDA built under, electric double oven, about 6 years old.

When you turn the main oven on, it heats up as normal, orange light goes off as normal when it reaches temperature, then after about half an hour it switches off and the clock also turns off completely. The top oven still works but the main oven wont come back on again for a while. Then eventually the clock comes back on again by itself, showing flashing 0:00. Once you reset the clock you can turn the main oven back on again.

The cooling fan is working.

Any ideas what the fault could be?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you've got a broken wire /bad connection somewhere. Take the covers off & give all the wires/cables a tug/wiggle with the power switched off. I'm presuming you do not have a multimeter that you can test for volts/continuity with.

Hi, thanks for the reply. No I don't have a multimeter, is that something an engineer would bring with them to be able to test it?

The strange thing is that it's always just over half an hour when it switches off, could it be overheating? I don't really understand how an oven is supposed to stop carrying on heating when it's reached the target temperature, but could that be anything to do with it?

Thanks.

If you are going to call an engineer out then don't worry about it he will have all the testing equipment he needs. I don't know if the timings are relevant or not. Yes it could be a faulty thermostat also. Leave it to him/her.

Sponsored Links
I've already had an engineer out who couldn't find the fault, he checked the cooling fan but said he couldn't check anything else without taking it away with him to the workshop, which is fair enough but we didn't want to be without an oven so we're just using the top oven for now.

Turned out to be a faulty T.O.C. so basically the oven 'thought' it was overheating and was switching off. The giveaway was that the clock was switiching off as well. Anyway the offending thermostat has been replaced, new one was just under £8, job done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back