CDA WC130 - Leaking and won't run cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently moved into a house which had a CDA WC130 integrated dishwater fitted. We haven't actually used it yet but we've already encountered a few problems with it!

We've been in the house about a month now, when we first got in the dishwasher was a bit smelly and unclean so we filled up the salt reservoir and put it on a wash cycle to clean itself, everything went to plan so we stuck an air freshener in there with no plans to use it going forwards. However, after a couple of weeks we noticed our kitchen starting to smell a bit, upon checking the dishwasher we noticed water collecting in the bottom that had become stagnant and started to smell. I think this is because the waste connects into the kitchen sink but hasn't been done properly so when you use the kitchen sink water can flow back down the dishwater waste and fill it up. Once we'd emptied the foul water we ran a rinse cycle again to clean it out and decided we'd do so periodically going forward just to clear out any accumulating water.

All was going well until a couple of days ago, we noticed a bit of water in the bottom of the dishwasher again so put it on a rinse cycle to clear it out but the cycle stopped after about 10 seconds and the machine started beeping. I found an old interaction on this site which ran through how to conduct a test cycle and found my machine flashing 6 times, which I believe indicates an incoming water fault. So when I got back from work yesterday I intended checking the water supply but found a pool of water flowing from underneath the machine!

I've cleaned up the mess but I've noticed there seems to be water collecting on the tray underneath the machine, if I push it up in the centre then water flows over the sides of this tray but I can't find a way to properly drain it. When I was running the test cycles I noticed water appeared to be entering through a side vent rather than the sprinkler arms, I'm not sure if this is normal? I'm rather perplexed by the whole thing as it's flagging up an incoming water fault but obviously water is coming in somewhere to cause the appliance to overflow and leak?!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back