ceiling mounted speakers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

i have not installed any of there before and i would like everyones opinion on a good model to buy which is compatable with most stereos. i am looking for a speaker which is say 4-6" in diameter within the range of 30-100RMS the client has the system but just wants me to install the speakers and run the cables back to the point in her kitchen cupboard. Also a recommendation of type of cable to use would be great.

All replies welcome,

thanks

Arkalos

Sponsored Links
JBL Control 1
medium_302888.jpg
is a very good little speaker that you can bracket off the ceiling, it's not (as far as i know) intended to be mounted inside the ceiling like a downlighter. They are rather heavy and strangely powerful for such a small enclosure. Quality is also surprisingly good, not like a little speaker. Rated at 100wRMS

It has a thick plastic case that you can paint to match the ceiling, and a perforated metal front panel that you can take off and spray.

I've seen them mounted in conference rooms and used for AV and also use them in my house due to their small size and large power handling.
NB if ceiling mounted you will hear them in the room above.
the only ceiling speakers I've seen that are flush-mounted are for PA and Muzak, and i would expect them to have very limited frequency response.

JBL make some very good professional speakers, we also use them (much bigger!) in our local theatre)

I fitted some JBL control 1 speakers in a church. Fantastic sound but I'm fairly certain you can't flush mount them. Have a look Here The catalogue can be a bit daunting if you are not sure what you want but they have some quality gear and I have always had good service from them.

HTH Rob

;) And you can sometimes get them from Richer Sounds at half price.

Sponsored Links
You can get most things from richer sounds at half the price! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back