ceiling rose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
neighbour asked me to take down an old three arm light and replace it with a standard ceiling rose that he already had. what a job! if only the new rose had more choice about where the cables entered.................................
20221008_152725.jpg
and in case anyone is interested the back of the rose is marked as being made by "everready" who i suppose are the battery people. never seen such a huge knockout area on a rose before.

Sponsored Links
It's not a huge knock out area. It's giving you the option of 6 different areas or a combination of suitable ones for your particular situation. Most only give one central knockout, and this can be a pain if you are struggling to locate both fixing screws in a joist. At least with this one you have a better chance in my opinion.

Sponsored Links
Talking of ceiling roses, I fitted 2 recently, the 1st being an MK one the 2nd a BG one. I must say, the BG one is much better designed, the fixing screw holes for the ceiling are offset from the centre, a brilliant idea 'cos the wires above the ceiling always come thro' a hole right against the joist, not thro' the centre of it, so there's no struggling to get the wires thro' into the rose. I did the MK one 1st and really struggled, the BG one went on like a dream. If I ever need any again, I'll buy BG ones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back