Cellar. Tanking round window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My cellar was "professionally" tanked 8years ago using the drainage membrane method but the area round the window was never finished off. This area of the cellar was not used until recently and now the boss wants it looking good.

The membrane just finishes about half an inch short of the upvc window all round. The bricks are damp to the touch.

I was thinking of using **something** to paint on the brickwork around the window then perhaps skimming over with render to join up with the membrane?????

Any help appreciated

H

Sponsored Links
so you`ve only got a i/2 inch gap to finish? .........plastic moulding :idea: loads of types to cover that small gap...and glue to frame

Nige F said:
so you`ve only got a i/2 inch gap to finish? .........plastic moulding :idea: loads of types to cover that small gap...and glue to frame

I did think of that but the profile is a bit tricky. The top of the window is curved..............

I think I just need to seal the brickwork and fill over it. As far as I can see professional sealers come in large quantities :?: :?: , I'll only need a small amount.

Sponsored Links
Ahh.....I see now, Theres a type of synthaprufe for walls/roofs saw it in merchant`s the other day...try a google ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back