Censorship

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is it about censorship. Do you remember the Frankie Goes To Hollywood single that Mike Read banned on his Radio 1 show and so it went straight to No. 1? Well I just looked back through the posts in General Chat and there are only 3 that I really want to read:

1. The last entry in the Senna Pods thread

2. Free auction sites

3. Moz's Humour (I bet that was really good.)

Sponsored Links
Well i dont understand about the Sennapods being locked thats a bit to nomby pamby.

But i do know about the people on forums and what you have is a group of people probably unknown to each other but sometimes in union who constantly complain to the mods about anything they could possibly find offensive to someone, basically its so they can have on the forum what they want and not have on the forum who they dont want. In the end if the mods let these people have their way they end up controlling the forum as the mods get sick to death of the constant complaints from them that they mod something before most people see it just for a peacefull life.

The constant moaners never let on to others what they do either but the mods no who they are if they are here which i would be surprised if they werent.

Nuffin like a good old dose of 'Ayrtons pods' to sort one out... ;)

Freddie said:
Well i dont understand about the Sennapods being locked thats a bit to nomby pamby.

Did you read the one which got the post locked though Freddie?......betcha didn't!! ;)

I must admit it was me who put the link on....just wanted to show how disgusting people can be in relation to certain daily activities :eek:
Upon reflection, it was as the mods said inappropriate for the forum............but it was one of the most gross things to see - and I am totally unshockable...........!!!? :eek: :eek:

It never cease to amaze me the things that human beings can do that even I would describe as being totally socially unacceptable!! :eek:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

petewood said:
What is it about censorship. Do you remember the Frankie Goes To Hollywood single that Mike Read banned on his Radio 1 show and so it went straight to No. 1? Well I just looked back through the posts in General Chat and there are only 3 that I really want to read:

How much are you willing to pay then Petewood!!!!? ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
JulieL said:
Freddie said:

Did you read the one which got the post locked though Freddie?......betcha didn't!! ;)

I must admit it was me who put the link on....just wanted to show how disgusting people can be in relation to certain daily activities :eek:
Upon reflection, it was as the mods said inappropriate for the forum............but it was one of the most gross things to see - and I am totally unshockable...........!!!? :eek: :eek:

It never cease to amaze me the things that human beings can do that even I would describe as being totally socially unacceptable!! :eek:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

petewood said:

How much are you willing to pay then Petewood!!!!? ;) :LOL: :LOL:

This will drive me mad now---can you say then Julie what it was that happened in the link?

Freddie said:
This will drive me mad now---can you say then Julie what it was that happened in the link?

Are you trying to get me banned or wot!!!!? ;)

I can't even think of a way of giving you a 'clue' so you could find the web page yourself.............so I'm afraid it'll just have to drive you mad!!!! ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sorry MOD. :LOL:

I can not allow that link

Do you remember the Frankie Goes To Hollywood single that Mike Read banned on his Radio 1 show and so it went straight to No. 1?

Worst day in my life: I saw Mike Reid on TV and actually laughed at one of his jokes...

Anyway, have you ever seen the uncensored version of the "Relax" video?! There is some pretty heavy imagery in it :LOL: It is a classic case of being able to shock through metaphor. People's minds bring up the shocking images, the imagery in the video is not shocking by itself. :!:

I borrowed an imported copy of "In the cut" a few weeks ago. This is a thriller with Meg Ryan in it, that was all I knew. About 5 minutes into the film, there is a h*rdcore p**n scene... just there, in a Meg Ryan film! I nearly choked on my Pringles! In this instance, it was a shock (not in a disapproving way, just glad to see that my mind isn't totally numb to movies!)... but, I would not like to see directors throwing in such scenes left right and centre. It didn't add anything to the story to actually show it going in. A well-directed film doesn't need graphic realism to shock and provoke thought and discussion.

The most disturbing thing I have seen recently? An episode of the BBC's "Spooks" where someone is plunged face-first into a deep-fat frier. You don't see anything, but the thought of it was enough to make me freaked out almost a week later, and I mentioned it to a friend who saw it a couple of years ago who then shuddered at the recollection. It got past the censors no worries, because nothing is shown... yet it manages to make people feel ill. THAT is good directing.

What someone finds disturbing or shocking others dont bat an eye lid----example

One think that shocked and affected me years ago was watching the film Christie 10 Rillington Place where the characyer played by John Hurt who was innocent was executed even though he was innocent but just retarded.

The way the execution took place so fast and clinical just sticks in my mind even more so as the other week i read about Pierrepoint the executioner in the papers and the film was very exact.

I am not a prude and not easily shocked at all but my point is just that somethings trigger things in people that others dont think twice about.

then there is the famous Hitchcock shower scene, its not the scene but the "music"

Tales of the unexpected from the 1980's..........with that really spooky music and the naked girl dancing in front of the flame.......each of the stories had a twist in them that was quite scary......and also made you think this could possibly happen!!!

The old hammer house of horror films are also a classic 'shiver up the spine' favourite of mine.......I'd sometimes be half way through the film then start flicking through the channnels when the really scary bits came on ........brilliant!!!!

Not a movie buff , but saw Cross of Iron twice...once @ fleapit and years later on tv. The scene with the naughty soldier was cut for tv but still made me eyes water..." Steiner!!!" :mad: :eek: :eek: Heard that Breathless is being remade...saw the French original and the US one,good film. Tales of the unexpected.....remember "Mystery and Imagination"?

JulieL said:
Tales of the unexpected from the 1980's..........with that really spooky music and the naked girl dancing in front of the flame.......each of the stories had a twist in them that was quite scary......and also made you think this could possibly happen!!!

The old hammer house of horror films are also a classic 'shiver up the spine' favourite of mine.......I'd sometimes be half way through the film then start flicking through the channnels when the really scary bits came on ........brilliant!!!!

I thought these were both brilliant but I think you are a bit of a wimp for not watching the scary bits! :)

Sponsored Links
Back