cental heating pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a slight problem with my central heating possibly pump, sometimes and only sometimes my wall mounted boiler will fire up to either put the heating on or heat the water and the pump will fail to run, producing a lot of banging of pipes, this will do it several times before the pump eventually starts,i have tried moving the thermostat to a higher setting with no success,it does`nt matter where the stat is set, i also know the pump is not sticking as it also done it on my last pump, this seems to do it at random it might not do it for days or even weeks then all of a sudden of it goes again.
As its random, its hard to pinpoint what the problem is.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Check the power supply connections? Takes a couple of mins. to remake them.

Its an Apollo 30/50B wall mouted boiler in the kitchen,my pump is up stairs hidden in the aering cupboard.

Sponsored Links
I would be suspecting the pump overrun stat, needs checking by a RGI as it needs the air box taking off and seals checking on replacement.

I would be suspecting the pump overrun stat, needs checking by a RGI as it needs the air box taking off and seals checking on replacement.
I had the same symptoms with my Apollo and it was cured by replacing the overrun thermostat.

I had the same symptoms with my Apollo and it was cured by replacing the overrun thermostat.
Hi thanks all for the info.
Where might i find the overrun stat??What part of the ch system is it on??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back